Resistance training helps you in increasing your muscle strength by working against a weight or force. The varied forms of this type of training are free weights, resistance bands, weight machines, and the weight of your own body. Resistance training is mainly based on the principle that muscles works to fight with any kind of resistance force when they are required to do so. A basic well-defined fitness program mainly includes strength training which helps in improvement of your bone density, muscle, joint function, ligament strength, and also includes aerobic exercises which improves heart, lungs, and flexibility.
The benefits of resistance training
The following are the advantages of resistance training:
- It helps in the improvement of muscle strength and in protection of your joints from any kind of injuries. This exercise regime also focuses on your body flexibility and balance and helps you remain independent with your increasing age.
- Helps you in losing weight.
- Helps you in building up your stamina.
- Helps in prevention and control of diseases like back pain, arthritis, depression, obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
- It helps in pain management.
- It helps in managing your mobility, balance, and posture.
- Helps in boosting your self-confidence and in changing your body image.
- Prevents insomnia.
- Helps you in performing everyday tasks.
The 3 basic types of resistance training
The following are the 3 basic types of resistance training:
- Free weights: You can do classic strength training with the help of tools like dumbbells or barbells.
- Weight machines: You can exercise on machines which have seats which are adjustable seats and handles that are attached to weights or hydraulics.
- You can use your own body weight for doing squats, push-ups, and chin ups. You can do this kind of exercise even at home or at your work place.
- Resistance bands: These bands are also known as big rubber bands which gives you resistance when stretched. These are very easy to carry around and are very adaptive to many kinds of workouts.Resistance training: Is a workout regime helping building up your muscles
Resistance training is very essential as it plays an important role in building up and maintaining your muscles. Maintaining your muscles is very good for building your metabolism, makes your body strong, its changes your mood, and helps in prevention of injury. This exercise regime includes lifting weight and lighting heavier weights will be very beneficial than lifting lightweights. The best part of this regime is that you can use your body weight which is very possible even if you don’t go to a gym.
This type of work out regime is a very essential part of every person who wants to lose weight as benefits of resistance training improves your body shape and helps in building up your muscles. It also has the ability to prevent a lot of deadly diseases and also helps in building your self-confidence.
Best Exercise to Lose Weight